First experience with Linux in 2003. Saw someone else using Knoppix and was utterly enthralled. Later was sent a Dynabolic disk by a friend and was extremely excited by that. Sometime in 2004 or 2005 had my first experience with Ubuntu. Have tried out many, many other flavors of Linux since then but mostly stuck to Ubuntu where I had a choice.
However, the latest I view the shopping lens of Unity as a symptom that Ubuntu is heading in the wrong direction. I have begun to look into other distros again.
The birthdate I entered is farcical, as I prefer not to identify myself in any way online, but the age is in the ballpark.
Top network posts
- 34What is the difference between iterator and iterable and how to use them?
- 26What do I say if my manager asks me if there is someone in the company I would rather not work with?
- 19Does software rot refer primarily to performance, or to messy code?
- 17Do RESTful APIs tend to encourage anemic domain models?
- 13Interoperability of Scala and Jython
- View more network posts →