Alan B. Dee
Java EE engineer. I started developing PHP web applications in 2003. I found that I like the enterprise challenges and decided to complete my Bachelors degree in 2010. Then pursue a career in enterprise engineering. Now I work at Novell.
I'm a firm believer is using the right tool for the right job. Some of my favorite authors are Steve McConnell, Adam Bien, Martin Fowler, and Jeff Atwood.
I'm a Linux user and have a fair amount of experience in system administration but have chosen not to focus on that area. I wouldn't want to become a "Jack of all trades, master of none"
I have a simple policy for asking a question. When I run into an issue, I try to find a solution for about half an hour. If I can't find anything, then I'll start to ask a question. Often, stackoverflow's system will find "related" questions and I find my answer from those about 2/3rd of the time.
I very much appreciate other people's help when I have issues. I take constructive criticism very well. If I post a question that is ambiguous, difficult to understand or includes bad grammar don't hesitate to inform me.
Above all, I want to be one of the best software engineers and StackExchange will be an imperative part of that.
Thank you everyone for making the stackExchange network so wonderful.
Top Network Posts
- 28Autocompletion in the MySQL command-line client
- 19JSF request scoped bean keeps recreating new Stateful session beans on every request?
- 8How to structure an extremely large table
- 7Need help creating JPA criteria query
- 7Remote log viewer for Java/Glassfish log files
- 7How to generate getter and setter in eclipse (php)
- 7How can I find what is interfering with CTRL+F?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.