My first contact with Unices was in 1990 or 1991, on a friend's machine (he'd connected a few modems to it and we all dialled in). My second one was in 1992, with Minix (the only *nix I could run on my 286 box). My third one was Linux in November 1993 (Linux 0.99.12, SLS distribution), and I haven't looked back since. These days, I make my living deploying and tending *nix boxen.
Top Network Posts
- 56Can a terminal emulator be as fast as TTY 1-6?
- 47How do you extract a single folder from a large tar.gz archive?
- 45What does dash "-" at the end of a command mean?
- 33How can we change root password?
- 27Need explanation on Resident Set Size/Virtual Size
- 27What is the purpose of multiple swap files
- 21How to start changing linux source code to make custom OS?
- View more network posts →