I'm a computer security researcher by day and mostly have been involved in server technology and open source over the past 20 years, but in another life a long time ago I was training to become a high school band director. Thus I have years of music theory and ear training, performance experience, music history knowledge, etc. Mostly on brass, percussion and piano. Hopefully I can use all this to your benefit.
I've always been interested in music and computers/electronics and often find ways to combine those two interests together. The first program I wrote on a computer in 1983 (2nd grade) played music if you can could it that. Recently, I started learning to play electric guitar and also how to build circuits for pedal boards for guitar.
Top Network Posts
- 12How cold is too cold to move a piano?
- 10How to generate a valid random MAC Address with bash shell
- 9Has CPU speed already broken Moore's law?
- 9How to fill a hard drive in Linux
- 7Loop pictures from a folder and display fullscreen slideshow
- 7Postfix server configuration values explained?
- 6Command line way to view a line of a file with context?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.