John WH Smith
Developer, and system administrator for a few years now, I'm able to find interest in virtually any little configuration or piece of code I find.
As a system administrator, I like to consider myself a Linux enthusiast. I am quite familiar with Debian, and its main derivative: Ubuntu, which I use on my desktop computer. I also spent a lot of time studying Arch Linux, which I consider to be one of the most interesting Linux distributions available.
Top Network Posts
- 33Is there any UNIX variant on which a child process dies with its parent?
- 31How does Linux choose which application to open a file?
- 19How do I run a command and get its exit code in fewer characters?
- 17grep on a variable
- 17Finding the correct tmp dir on multiple platforms
- 15Why does aptitude insist on installing packages?
- 12chown recursively changed permissions
- View more network posts →